Who We Are
Central Minnesota Jobs and Training Services, Inc. (CMJTS) is a nonprofit employment and training agency and a partner in the Minnesota CareerForce System. We’ve spent the last 39 years providing quality training, career guidance & job placement services for thousands of people across Central Minnesota. As a partner of Local Workforce Development Area 5, we serve 11 counties in central Minnesota, including Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, Mille Lacs, Pine, Renville, Sherburne, and Wright counties.
What We Do
When it comes to choosing a career path or finding a new job, many people tend to feel overwhelmed as they don’t know what to do or who can help them. At CMJTS, we give you the skills needed to find a new job and access to a whole network of employers. That way, you can stop stressing and finally have the confidence to find meaningful employment.
We work side by side with businesses in our area to build inclusivity in our communities and expand job offerings and opportunities for our job seekers.
What Makes Us Unique
Not only do jobseekers — adults, youth, entry-level, career-changers, low-income, unemployed and underemployed workers — count on us for professional career guidance based on their individual circumstances, economic self-sufficiency needs, and local labor market demands. But businesses in our communities count on us for qualified workers to fill their job positions.
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
To strengthen Central Minnesota communities through leadership in workforce excellence.
To ensure strong local economies and working communities throughout Central Minnesota.
The Central Minnesota Jobs and Training Services, Inc. values:
- Treats customers as valued individuals of the community and provides them with quality services that meet and exceed their needs: employers, employees, jobseekers, underemployed and unemployed
- Respects individuals, employers and partners and values diversity of opinion
- Models trust, integrity and courtesy
- Uses data to make timely, ethical, educated decisions
- Responsible to community needs and customer satisfaction
- Follows through on commitments
Performance and Service
- Provides quality environments of services: confidential, accessible, professional, reasonable and timely delivery of services
- Ensures Local Workforce Development Area 5 is fiscally responsible
- Highly regards employer relationships
- Initiates consistent and fair quality customer services
At CMJTS, our team is comprised of over 60 qualified individuals occupying the positions of business service coordinators, employment specialists, career navigators, case aides, and more! We also have a number of excellent boards and committees that oversee the non-profit.