Know Before You Go . . . An Understanding of Career Pathways – Central Minnesota Jobs and Training Services, Inc.
WHAT ARE CAREER PATHWAYS?
The term ‘‘career pathway’’ means a combination of rigorous and high-quality education, training, and other services that:
- aligns with the skill needs of industries or employers
- prepares individuals to be successful in any of their chosen education options
- provides counseling to support an individual’s career goals by working with an Employment Specialist at CMJTS
- combines education or training alongside soft skills development for a specific occupation or industry
- helps the individual gain credentials to increase employability
- encourages training options that will help an individual advance in their specific occupation or industry
This approach makes it simpler for people to earn industry-recognized credentials and marketable skills that make it easier to find work in growing careers.
The career pathway model:
- connects education, credentials, and support to increase opportunity for success,
- provides multiple entry points for individuals to start at any time in their life, and
- allows for multiple exit points.
How do I decide which career path is right for me?
- Take a Career Assessment https://careerwise.minnstate.edu/careers/interestassessment.html
- Explore labor market information https://mn.gov/deed/data/lmi-job-seekers/