FEDERAL CARTRIDGE Dislocated Workers
We recognize this is a difficult time for those who are impacted by the recent layoffs at Federal Cartridge. If you are one of these people, we would like you to know that you do not have to walk alone through this transition. There are services available, free of charge, to help you along your journey to your next job.
The Federal Cartridge Planning and Selection Committee has chosen Anoka County Job Training Center, subcontracting with Central Minnesota Jobs and Training Services, Inc. (CMJTS), to provide Dislocated Worker Program services to those impacted by the layoffs. There are no fees to participate, and the program provides opportunities for training, career counseling, résumé assistance, financial support, and more. This program is funded by state and federal funds.
The sooner you connect with us the better! We will connect you with one of our skilled staff who can help you reach the next step along your career journey!
CMJTS has been working with Anoka County Job Training Center to plan information sessions and one-on-one meetings with an employment specialist, referred to as an ES. Because Federal Cartridge workers live in many locations throughout the region, CMJTS and Anoka County offer several convenient locations for services:
- Cambridge, Forest Lake, Milaca, Monticello, and Mora: CMJTS, 763.271.3700 or 800.284.7425
- Blaine: Anoka County, 763.324.2300
If you are interested in enrolling in the dislocated worker program, please call to schedule a one-on-one session.
THE FIRST STEP – ENROLLMENT
From the beginning of the enrollment process, CMJTS believes in an individualized approach to serving dislocated workers. A CMJTS ES will meet with workers one-on-one in the CMJTS office location of their choice. These meetings include an orientation to dislocated worker services and initial assessments to help you and the ES determine the next steps.
This is what a customer had to say about the services she received:
“The program was amazing and I am so happy that I was able to take part in it. It was a pretty scary place to be before the program with all the uncertainty of my career. I am so thankful now that I qualified for this program and was able to get back on track. I don’t think I will need any additional services but I thank you for offering. Thanks for all your help!”
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Our professional staff focuses on you and how you can advance in your career pathway. Do you need flexible times and locations to meet with your ES? Just ask and we will do our best to accommodate you. Together, we will do one or all of the following:
- Work together to prepare you for your future job search, assist with updating your resume, talk about your next job, and what options are available to you.
- Work with our business services staff who connect with local employers; their knowledge of the local labor market will help you find the job that is right for you.
- Connect with local organizations that provide other employment-related services, such as child care, mental health counseling, healthcare, housing, and transportation assistance.
- Meet regularly to assess progress and ongoing needs.
- Celebrate when you get your next job!
OVER 30 YEARS SERVING DISLOCATED WORKERS IN MINNESOTA
CMJTS, a nonprofit employment and training partner in the Minnesota Workforce Center System, specializes in individualized and professional career guidance, training assistance, and job placement. Let us help you get back to work in a job that is right for you!