On-the-Job Training (OJT) Benefits Business and New Employees
New hires learn occupational skills and earn a wage at the same time. Business saves time and money. A win-win for business and jobseekers!
OJT businesses can receive a reimbursement of up to 50% of the trainee’s wages when they agree to hire an eligible worker. The dollars received offset the cost of training a new employee the length of the contract. The business provides the training and the eligible worker does the learning, gaining skills unique to your business and industry needs.
Why Should You Partner with CMJTS’ OJT Program?
- Your business is reimbursed for the cost of training a new employee—up to 50% of the new employee’s wage for the length of the contract.
- You do the training and the employee does the learning. Your new hire learns skills unique to your business and industry.
- Central Minnesota Jobs and Training Services, Inc. (CMJTS) refers candidates to you who have been professionally evaluated. You may also refer candidates to CMJTS for OJT eligibility.
- You make the hiring decision.
- CMJTS employment counselors are on call for consultation
- Business provides the training and supervision for the new employee.
- OJT contracts can be written for:
- Permanent, full-time jobs—at least 30 hours a week (seasonal or temporary jobs do not qualify for OJT contracts)
- Permanent, part-time positions—at least 20 hours a week—if the new employee is 55 or older, has a disability, or meets certain other criteria
- Trainee must meet OJT eligibility requirements.
- Trainee will earn industry-recognized credential.
- OJT is approved by CMJTS before the employee starts the job.
Call or email now for more information: