WHAT ARE CAREER PATHWAYS?
The term ‘‘career pathway’’ means a combination of rigorous and high-quality education, training, and other services that:
- aligns with the skill needs of industries or employers
- prepares individuals to be successful in any of their chosen education options
- provides counseling to support an individual’s career goals by working with an Employment Specialist at CMJTS
- combines education or training alongside soft skills development for a specific occupation or industry
- helps the individual gain credentials to increase employability
- encourages training options that will help an individual advance in their specific occupation or industry
This approach makes it simpler for people to earn industry-recognized credentials and marketable skills that make it easier to find work in growing careers.
The career pathway model:
- connects education, credentials, and support to increase opportunity for success,
- provides multiple entry points for individuals to start at any time in their life, and
- allows for multiple exit points.
WHICH CAREER PATHWAY DO I CHOOSE?
This is an important decision. It is no exaggeration to say, “Your choice will affect you the rest of your life.”
What is a good career pathway for me? The job I’m in now, does it fit me best? CMJTS staff can help answer these questions and provide the tools and resources to help you make a good choice. Staff will help you understand the meaning of “career pathways”, have you complete career assessments to determine your interests, and connect you with resources to start you on your journey.
With so many career pathways available, where do you start? Take a look at just a few pathways you might consider:
Before you can choose a career path, you need to learn more about yourself. The knowledgeable staff at CMJTS have the tools to help you research careers, identify personal interests, skills, and goals, seek out financial aid, and learn about education requirements and training providers.
Get started today: 763.271.3700 or 800.284.7425