Central Minnesota Jobs and Training Services, Inc. (CMJTS), in partnership with secondary education professionals from non-traditional/non-mainstream settings (e.g. alternative learning centers (ALCs), transition/extended special education programs, technical education centers, charter schools, and out-of-home placement facilities) delivers HECAP services to students enrolled in nonmainstream settings. CMJTS employment specialists visit these educational facilities and meet one-on-one with students and/or meet with larger student groups.
CMJTS’ HECAP services are tailored to the educational setting and to student need. Specific offerings include:
- facilitating career interest assessments for students and assisting them with the interpretation of their assessment results to help them discover career areas of interest;
- providing students with current labor market information to help them understand which industries and careers have a high need for workers and greater opportunities for family-sustaining wages;
- tailor labor-market presentations to the individual student or classroom of students, as
- providing students with information on the different types of financial aid available to help them carry out their training plans;
- informing students of other programs and services available to them, to their friends, and to their family members through the WorkForce Center/One-Stop System.